League Leaderboard

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: 871848

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Prop Bet Nation

We held the September poker night last night. Jen & Mike made the journey from Waterloo (and brought BBQ Ruffles. Yum!). Tony and Miechele made it as well. Most awesome. The turnout was actually small. We had 9 live players and Mooney. Craig had to work until 10:00 so he bought in and we blinded him out until he got there. He didn't really lose many chips either. The other thing we saw the emergence of last night was prop bets. Nothing fancy like you see on HSP or PAD. No keeping track of what suits/cards hit the flop. Not even anything as simple as $5 on the colour of the flop (although I did try to get that one started). Nope, it was a prop bet to see if Mike H could "drink" a 500mL tub of Sour Cream/French Onion dip. He did. And walked away with $20. It was horrific yet fascinating at the same time. Now the challenge is on to find something even more outlandish for the next event. Jen suggested snorting lines of Wasabi. Ipecac was also mentioned but I don't think we want instant vomit. I think the idea should be to torture ONE person, not all of us.

After the regular event there were still 5 of us so we played a $5 SNG. 3 or 4 hands into it the following hand took place. At this point, we were all effectively at 2500 chips with 25/50 blinds.

SB: Me
BB: Nikki
UTG: Jeff
CO: Mike C
OTB: Mike H

I look down at TcTs and pretty much decide immediately all my chips are going in. Jeff, first to act, raises to 200. Hmm. Mike C calls. Hmmmmm. Mike H raises to 800. WTF?!?! (at this point if I hadn't seen the guy shuffle and deal I'd have suspected a fixed shuffle) Anyhoo, wtf, it's only $5. I jam. Nikki actually looks like she's thinking about it...and she does! She calls! Jeff looks like he's been slapped across the face and tosses his cards. Both Mikes also call. So now we've got a 4-way all-in preflop. We turn over our cards:

Nikki: AsKs
Mike C: 88
Mike H: KcKx
Me: TcTs
Jeff, for fun, showed us his cards: 33

Flop comes: 7c-8c-Jc
Damn. Mike's flopped a set and Mike H has the nut flush draw.
Turn: blank (5s or something non-helpful to any of us)
River: 9c!

I didn't even see it at first, thinking that Mike H won with his King high flush. Then Mike C says "No, Rob won with the straight flush". Sickest hand of the night, possibly the year. It was down to me & Jeff. We battled for 15-20 minutes or so before we finally got it all in post-flop. I flopped two pair and he flopped a flush draw. My two pair held and I won.

So here are the results from the league event. Next poker night is Oct 17th. See you there!

No comments: