League Leaderboard

Online Poker

I have registered to play in the PokerStars World Blogger Championship of Online Poker! The WBCOOP is a free online Poker tournament open to all Bloggers, so register on WBCOOP to play.

Registration code: 871848

Thursday, November 22, 2007

November recap

November was a good month. Didn't finish in the money for me but Nikki pulled off 2nd against Brent.

By far the best hand of the night was my knockout hand. I have pocket jacks and go all-in. Mike C calls me and Mooney, in the BB calls as well. It should be pointed out that at this point Mooney had a HUGE stack of chips, covering both of us quite nicely. Mike flips over AK and Mooney flips over 44. The flop was all blanks, giving me a pretty decent shot at winning this pot. The turn? Still a blank. Nice! Then the river hits....it's a 4!!! Mooney's set is good and sends Mike & I to the rail. Nobody's play was bad in this hand. Mooney's stack was such that he could easily afford to make the call as both Mike & I were relatively short. As you'll see from the rank below he did manage to donk off his huge lead and finish in third. Still a HUGE showing from a guy who just over a year ago came up with the gem: "I have two pair - a pair of sevens and another pair of sevens".



Next month's league finale takes place December 15th. The points above have been modified to reflect the sum of your top 7 scores if this applies to you (Adam, and Adam only...)

I've got some (hopefully) exciting changes planned for 2008 including the introduction of a rebuy tourney and possibly some other games.

No comments: